Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"...and your life will never be the same..."

Oh yes, am I feeling those words with a poignancy that is at times exhilirating, and at other times exhausting!

The wee laddie can now crawl about the house getting into all sorts of trouble. Let me tell you folks, your house can NEVER be child-proofed enough!

Of course, to all of you parents out there...you know this age is the one where the child is continually getting into things, and for a time I am continually picking up after him...that is, until I realized it was best just to let everything be until naptime.

Naptime, you know, is like a giant RESET button. Sometimes, you have to hit the button a few times before anything happens. (Sometimes, I need a few naps before the house gets "reset"!!)

For all of you anxious readers who have patiently waited for me to settle into a routine of blogging Ian's latest activities, thanks for understanding! The closer we get to Matt's coming home, the more things there seems to be on the "to do" list -- and the less time I have! We are making it work, but routines take some time to get settled...I am so thankful to God for making the time go by so quickly, and for surrounding me with so many blessings. Most of all, I am thankful for the strength He gives me day to day. "Cast your burdens on me..." is what Jesus said, and I have felt no better example of the effectiveness of this in my life than now!

For example, we have been working on a small list of things this week (and this is the abridged version!):

-Mommy time/workouts 4 days a week! (and getting used to the sitter!)

-PLAYPEN time! (If you ask Ian, he might just say "jail time")

-Getting New Years cards out (Yes, you read correctly...they came in the mail late, and although my goal was to get them out before the end of January, it is now to get them out before 2008 ends!)

-Crib sleeping! (Hmm, again, Ian may believe this is jail time, but we're getting there!)

-CONSISTENT nap/bed times. (With all the travelling, sickness and other changes, schedules changed many times, and we are now developing a consistent routine)

Well, it's off again to work on some other more mundane things on the to-do list. I hope that everyone is having a good week so far, and hopefully I will be back soon! :)

No comments: