So, the crazy Tricare system being what it is...we just had his 1 year checkup today. But, that's ok, we don't need doctors! :) (Because he's healthy is my point!)
He weighed in at 21 pounds and 30 inches. I forget his head circumference, but we were never tracking that anyway, so it doesn't matter! So, we have hit the time in Ian's life where growth will dramatically slooooow down...he hit that point a couple months ago I think. The doctor says it's because as he becomes more mobile his growth patterns change. So, for you worry-warts out there, he's still normal! :) He is now in the 25th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height. Matt and I were both skinny little kids, so I'm not that surprised.
Anyhoo, that's about it...talked about a few other things...eczema (almost cleared up), milk protein allergy (even more common than lactose intolerance, and could go away), and developmental milestones (already waaay ahead of the game on all of them!). Vaccines were brought up briefly, but a non-issue with this doctor, because I told him we'd come back - and he didn't ask when...lol. Around talking-in-complete-sentences age for little man we'll reexamine the options. For now, research is still underway. (And lots and lots of prayers!).
So, clean bill of health, and away we go!
It's so hard to believe my little baby has grown up into such an active toddler! Loving it! :)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment