Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Zoe is FIVE MONTHS OLD!

Little Miss has gone from 14.3 to 15.4 pounds and is 24.75 inches (if I remember correctly, I didn't write it down)!

Ok, so I'm late, but what else is new? Zoe's getting ready to take off and get into everything...(& this post has been sitting in draft because yet again I forgot to hit "post").

-We're putting away some of the 6 month size clothing, and starting to bring out 9 months! She's getting a little tighter with the size 2 diapers too.
-Her favorite things to do are play with daddy or brother, and splash in the tub...giving so many smiles for us at those times!
-Is very content, but still pretty quiet for the most part. When she does make noise, she kind of squeaks!
-When she's on your lap, will grab at everything within reach. Guard your dinner plates!
-Rice cereal is a new introduction. She frantically grabs at the spoon, and tries to shove it in her mouth faster than I can spoon it in.
-Drooling a LOT less. But, trying to chew on our fingers and arms a lot more!
-Really appears to be giving us kisses...she'll pull our faces in to her, and open mouth slobber all over!
-Will pull her knees underneath her and slowly crawl across the floor!
-Rolls easily from side to side, but her favorite method of locomotion is swivelling around on her stomach.
-Likes to "steal" Ian's little people toys and throw them. She'll squawk at Ian if he takes them away, too.
-Can sit up on her own, but when she gets tired she falls frontward!
-Tries to sit up in her car seat. When we're driving, she looks like she's trying to get out.

Zoe is quite a little character. I can see she is determined to keep up with her brother, and get into everything. She's ready to take on the world, and doesn't want to be held back. Although happy and content, she's a very intense little person. Smiles can come easily at times, but much of the time she's seriously taking in the world around her. I can't wait to see what the month ahead will bring...but wait, maybe I can, since I know all too soon she's going to be showing me where my child-proofing needs work. :)

No comments: