Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rainy days!

Well, here I am with a second to spare...miracle! Posting to my blog? Hmm...just take it when you can! LOL.

The pouring rain outside and many of life's challenges can't dampen the fact that today was filled with wonderful blessings!

We started off the day with a trip to the library with a friend, and Ian continues to prove himself the adorable little bookworm. It's so cute to watch my little boy grab a book off the shelf, and read to himself...just enjoying the pleasure of bright and engaging pages! He was so excited to bring home books, it didn't matter to him that I had a huge stack and he had two. They were HIS "brary" books! Zoe had fun pulling out all of the board books on the lower shelves (smart idea, library!). She would have had even more fun dismantling all of the shelves, but is easy to redirect. :)

We played for a while on the indoor playground at BK, and headed home. Little Zoe still sleeps in her swing, and Ian enjoyed his quiet time reading and playing. I will not take for granted that he is so skilled at entertaining himself. It is very appreciated!

Later, we all braved the mist for a quick trip to the grocery store. It might be a strange thing, but hearing his "obnoxious" screams of enthusiasm while dad pushes him down the neighboring aisle bring a smile to my face. Especially when I hear Zoe's softer screeches follow after him. They were such a cute little pair sitting in the car shopping cart, "driving." Of course, my amusement and enjoyment of this is probably in part because I was not the one pushing them! :D

Ian helped Daddy put away groceries when we got home while I had a few moments of quiet to myself. He is such a willing helper! Then we had a lovely family dinner with Zoe happily shoving dried peas in her mouth and Ian chattering away about...everything!

Last event of the night was shower time. I can't believe that Zoe won't be this little and cute forever! I look at her cute little head of sparse hair, and try to imagine it full of wavy locks. I'm so thankful for this time to hold her and treasure her! Ian joins us and brings his full-of-energy self to the mix...so helpful to wash his little sister, and delighting in her smiles at him. These little moments are so special.

Tucked into bed, my babies now sleep peacefully and continue to grow up. Rainy days will come and go, but the memories we make will last forever. :)

1 comment:

The Mommy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! You are truly blessed with a wonderful family!