So, I have so much to write about, I'll be honest with myself and realize I just won't be able to recap it all! So here's the super-duper-abridged version of our happenings the past few weeks!
Our family has grown by another member! Carrie is staying with us for a little while as things get sorted out for her. Sera is enjoying the company especially. It's fun having another adult around to make conversation...and talk about things other than toys and toddler drama. The reality that our family of 4 will soon be a family of 6 is sinking in quickly. We need more chairs for the kitchen table! :)
After getting Carrie settled in, we had a wonderful trip to Florida, visiting parts of my family that I haven't seen in a LONG time! They spoiled us absolutely rotten. The kids had a great time, too. We visited the Science Center, saw some amazing gingerbread houses, rode a train, and got stuck in the sand at the beach! (Very briefly...but what a fun memory!).
Home for one day, we re-packed the gang and headed to Georgia for Christmas. Staying for just a day, we left just in time to miss the big snowstorm, but caught a few flurries on the way out.
Once home, I have battled one of the worst bouts of sickness in my memory. To shorten the whole mess, I ended up in the E.R. with I.V. antibiotics and finally made a turn around. I'm so thankful to say the worst is behind me! Now, I feel a little congested, but it's hardly worth mentioning in comparison to where I was! Praise God for healing!! The kids are now at the tail end of the battle I hope...I'm very eager to bid the germs farewell from this house!
Greeting the New Year is something I usually feel more prepared in doing. I admit, I'm a little caught off guard!
I started to write that I have a lot of catching-up to do, but I'm realizing the power of those words. Really, it's not catching-up with anything. I'm actually starting each day afresh and dedicating myself 100% to the task at hand. You can never "catch up" with lost time and lost to do lists. The important thing I have to focus on now is January 2011.
2011. I'm so blessed to have been given the breaths to greet another year. I look forward to all it will bring.
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment