Wednesday, December 19, 2007

First Tooth!

So, the long wait is over!

Ian has officially cut his first tooth!

I have noticed over the past few weeks, he has been drooling a lot less, so his swallowing is developing. However, he still would gnaw away happily at times on anything soft he could shove into his mouth.

I have learned to tell the difference between baby exploring the world by putting everything in his mouth...and teething baby in pain, shoving things against his gums for soothing comfort.

Teething has consisted mostly of drooling, gumming, and slight whining sometimes. For the most part, he has been so happy and oblivious to the whole process!

Tonight, he was playing on the floor with Aunt Conni, and he grabbed her hand and shoved it into her mouth. She gasped, "Oh is that a tooth?!" I instantly turned all excited, and sure enough, it was! Ian was completely unappreciative of our, "Let me feel!" attitude about the momentous milestone. He twisted and squirmed and fussed at our creative attempts at glimpsing the tiny white bud. It's sharp though, you can definitely feel it!

So there I was, transformed into a giddy mother excited about the first tooth! If it was earlier in the day, I would be on the phone calling everyone to share in the excitement!

Truly what a blessing it is to be a mother and experience such wonderful moments as these!

No comments: