Thursday, December 27, 2007

SEVEN MONTHS OLD!

I am again slow, but I'm sure you're used to that by now! I'm trying to keep up with this, as many have suggested, it will do well to copy directly into a baby-book at some point in the future.

Growth is still fast! He has gone from 19 lbs. to 20 lbs. and length is still up in the air...I will definitely need to do that later this week...

-Graduated to size 4 diapers, and is wearing very few clothing items in the 6-9 month range, we've graduated to mostly 12 months, and a few 18 months.
-MASTERED THE CRAWL!!! In a short month, Ian went from push-ups, to scooting, to a crawl!
-Tries to "clap"...which really just looks like hands flapping against eachother!
-Pulls himself up onto objects waist high or lower (his waist level, not ours).
-Favorite toy is daddy's picture! He can be surrounded with a whole pile, and go straight for it!
-Will put a toy inside of a container, then pull/dump it out again. (As long as his focus allows him to complete the task).
-Attempts a pincer grasp for miniscule objects...usually small bits of trash on the floor!
-Much of the time he is constantly seeking movement - he's a boy on the go, go, go!
-Diaper changing time has become baby-wrangling time...as twisting, turning, kicking, and other physical maneuvering now requires much more strength (and patience) to stop!
-Obviously recognizes an object that has been removed from his possession, and will continue pursuing it even when a replacement is presented!
-LOVES to go for a walk in the stroller and take in all the sights. Kicks his legs when we stop to indicate he wants to keep going!
-Starting to show the first signs of separation anxiety from mommy. I'm a preferred person! :)
-The "blow in the face" reflex (there is probably a scientific name for this, if you find, let me know) is fading away.

Ian has had many firsts this month, but for sake of getting this post up before he turns 8 months old, I'll post now without it! I've had this one saved "in progress" long enough! :)

No comments: