Monday, April 28, 2008

Baby or Animal?

Ok, first off, I get to call him baby until next month...so Matt says. Even though, I guess, he's officially a "toddler" now that he can, in fact, "tottle." :)

I can now see why some parents refer to their children as animals. Lately, he sure has been demonstrating some animalistic traits!!

...he rivals amphibians for slime and goo...


...like a little puppy, everything in the mouth, and chewing on it!...


...or is he a cow? eating grass?...


...he definitely eats like a horse!...


...curiousity like a cat, getting into places that you don't actually belong...


...but what animal really wants to be caged?...


I'm glad he's not really an animal...but a little boy made in the image of God! Still fun to see all of the experiences that shape a human being, and allow us to relate with all of the world God has created!

I'm definitely enjoying all of these "benchmarks" if you will, of toddlerhood. As I keep saying, it's such a wonderful gift to watch Ian explore things for the first time with that wide-eyed wonder. And, keeps me in great shape chasing after my little animal/baby! :)

No comments: