Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Potty Training!

So, you may have heard the story about how Ian TWICE now has pulled off his diaper after wetting it, and carried it over and threw it in the trash all by himself!! (With no prompting whatsoever!!)

Tonight, we add a new chapter to the potty training we have decided to move forward with! (After all, since he is smart enough to know that his diaper should come off when wet and be thrown away, he is smart enough to learn that pee goes in the potty! In addition to the fact that he is going through a very strong mimicking stage!!).

We have been talking a lot about going on the potty, etc. Matt put him on his little potty chair before his shower just now, and...HOORAY!! He went in the potty!!! Of course, this is mostly coincidental at this point, but I'll take it! Every step is a step closer!

How exciting!

I know I'm growing as a mom when I can get excited by seeing my little boy just sitting on the potty! Makes me think, if it's because I love him so much...how excited God gets when we learn new things about him, or succeed in His purpose here. It's such an amazingly wonderful feeling! God is so good! :)

No comments: