Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Growing up fast!

The title of this entry definitely applies to both children! Yesterday, Zoe turned 2 weeks old...and according to the differential weight from our scale, she's about 9 pounds (plus or minus half a pound, although I'm inclined to believe it's right on this time). She is awake more and more, and again it's so amazing to have the blessing of watching a baby grow up! Her little face is so expressive already, and learning her personality is part of the fun!

And, thinking of so many moments recently, I realize how quickly Ian is growing up too! For example, when we were watching Wall-E with Aunt Kathy, and we commented on a few parts, Ian turned to shoosh first me - then daddy! SHHHH!! Hilarious!

It's been a busy two weeks...with visits from grandparents and a wonderful Aunt Kathy who cooked for 8 hours and filled our freezer (and some space in a friend's!) with home cooked meals! I think it's just about the best present ever! Not only did she cook up a storm, but also taught me some new tricks. [Anyone like Thai soup? Throw a can of coconut milk with a box of chicken broth, add juice of 3 limes, and whatever vegetables you have lying around...voila!] It was hard seeing Matt go back to work this week - the family time flies by all too quickly! But, we are so thankful that we had him here with us, and loved every minute of it!

I'd love to write that we are getting settled into a routine, but we're about to break from routine again and head up to North Carolina for a few days. Pray for good weather and a fast trip! It's just me and the kids - I think I'm crazy, but I'm really looking forward to visiting with friends and family again! As a matter of fact, I need to finish my tasks around the house so I can get on the road very soon! Looking forward to the tales from our newest adventure! :)

No comments: