Monday, April 6, 2009

Zoe's 1 Week Check-Up!

Last Thursday, Zoe had her first check-up, and the doctor wanted to keep an eye on Zoe's weight gain. She lost a few more ounces since being discharged, and was having hardly any wet diapers. I was sure that once we settled into the feeding routine, and the supply was established, everything would be fine...but, a weight check wouldn't hurt anything! So we were supposed to come back Friday to check in, but had to reschedule for today...

I'm very pleased to report that Zoe is doing extremely well! Doctors look for babies to gain 1/2 to 1 ounce per day (which means Zoe should have gained around 4 ounces since the last visit). Little Miss Piglet gained 12 ounces! She now weighs 8 pounds 3 ounces!

Another interesting measurement...Zoe's birth length was recorded at 19 inches, but at the pediatrician 2 days later was 19 and 3/4 inches. Of course, babies don't grow THAT fast - the doctor explained right after birth they are so curled up, it's very difficult to get an accurate length. (Ian must have cooperated, at his first check-up we got the same measurement, lol). At any rate, this means Zoe and Ian were even closer in measurements than we first thought! I'm curious to see if little sister will be bigger than her brother! My sister towers over me after all!

Another thank you to everyone for their love, support, and prayers...the transition is going so well, I know it's a true blessing from God! Ian loves his little sister, and I will write more later (and hopefully post some video) of their cuteness! It's so amazing to see BOTH of our children together and happy! :)

1 comment:

The Postlethwaite Family said...

Goes to show us that God is in charge. I'm so glad to hear that Zoe is right on track! Can't wait to see her and Ian. :) Oh yeah!, and I want to see you too! ;)

Ginnie