A couple nights ago, Matt took over the nightly routine so I could make it to the gym. When I came home, Zoe was in bed fast asleep, and Ian was calling to me from bed! I asked Matt how everything went, and questioned if I had wakened Ian with my entry. He assured me I didn't, and Ian went to bed easily.
So I went in to Ian and told him goodnight. He was whimpering, and I asked what was wrong. "Want book," he requested...which is a typical nightly part of the routine (bath, book, prayer, bed). I handed him another book, but he was obviously not satisfied. "No, mommy, read book," he told me. I told him it was time for bed and started to walk away. After all, Ian will continue asking either of us to read books to him in a feeble attempt to prolong bedtime.
He sat up in earnest, "Mommy! Daddy no read! No book. Uh-uhn, no book, Daddy. Want book read read you," He was so upset! I considered the possibility maybe he didn't have a book he wanted read to him. Or, was he telling on Daddy?!
I asked Matt if he read a book to him, and he said, "Ian has his book."
"No, what I meant was, did you READ him a book?"
"How would you have known THAT?" (Guilty look).
Daddy admits this isn't the first time he's skipped the book-reading portion of the nightly routine...but, it looks like Ian isn't going to let this slide any more. Especially now that he has the words to tell on daddy!
I guess I'd better get my act together! Next thing I know, he'll be telling on ME! :)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment