Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Firecracker!

...sometimes I would think I was just imagining things! But, I'm so glad Matt is around so he can witness just how quickly a little baby grows up!

Tonight Zoe was playing around in her exersaucer, and Ian came over and yanked a toy right out of the holder. Zoe starting crying, and it was obviously because she was scared. It's actually amazing how much she'll "put up with" from him. I wish I could protect her little noggin from her brother, but too many times he has smacked her on the head! She simply looks up at him and winces, then continues playing. So the fact she reacted made it clear she was scared. Normal enough...

A few minutes passed, and Ian was crouched on the floor, and grabbed at the toy again. Both Matt and I were watching, because it looked like Ian was trying to play with her this time. Not so.

I am not kidding you, that little baby looked Ian straight in the face and cried, "WWEhhhhh." It was a very strong statement, not a scared cry, or a I-want-to-be-picked-up cry, but a demand for him to leave her toy alone. I don't even know quite how to phrase it into words, but Matt and I looked at each other in disbelief. "Did she just...?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah, she did," was all he could say!

We weren't the only ones that noticed Zoe taking a stand. Ian understood, and tried to push her hand away. Our precious little girl brought her OTHER HAND up to the toy and let out ANOTHER matter-of-fact cry!

I just can't believe they are having a battle over a toy already! She's only 4 months old! Again, if it wasn't for Matt being there to witness this exchange with me, I'm not sure I would have believed it!

Then again, I saw Zoe's cute little baby blues spark and I just can't imagine it away. Baby girl is a firecracker! :)

No comments: