I was off to bed, but I noticed something in our bedroom...one of Ian's books. Almost every morning, Ian opens his eyes and quietly reads a book in his bed while he slowly wakes up. He doesn't get out of his bed until we come get him, often after he starts calling for us. (And sometimes Zoe and Ian will play/talk to each other from their beds for nearly an hour...we encourage this!). But most of the time, all is quiet on the monitors until Ian actually speaks. He is so quiet with the turning pages, I don't always wake up just when he does.
But over the weekend, his book of choice was an Elmo book with sound buttons. I have opened my eyes and laughed every morning as I hear the silly sounds coming from the book, signaling Ian is greeting the morning with his daily ritual.
I have to admit, I'll kind of miss not hearing the little beeps, whistles, and cartoony voice. It was so much better than an alarm clock! :)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment