Saturday, July 21, 2007

TWO MONTHS OLD!

Now, according to his actual birthday, it wll have been 9 sundays since Ian was born...therefore, in my mind, he is 9 weeks old. However, according to the calendar (and the Dr.), he was 2 months old yesterday. (May 20th to July 20th). So, for a while, he has two ages! For simplicity's sake, I'll go with the calendar date...

The most rapid period of growth is the first year...and now I am experiencing this with my own eyes! It is so amazing!

Ian has grown from 10 lbs. to 13.75 lbs. and from 23.75 inches to 24.25 inches! According to the growth charts, this puts him between the 75th-90th percentile. I will say this much, he feels a lot heavier, and it seems that he has grown a lot more...I think a lot of those inches were in the torso!

Milestones this month:
-Wearing 3-6 month size clothing, some 6 months size.
-Can hold his head up for very long periods of time...although it's still a little shaky
-Still gets mad when he has hiccups!
-Can sit unassisted in the Boppy!
-Can stand in the exersaucer for 1-2 minutes without help
-Sometimes makes cooing sounds and looks mommy's direction when she comes back into the room
-Will do a sort of laugh on more occassions when you gently tickle him or play simple games
-Holds his head up in the car seat when he's not sleeping (and for a little while when he is)
-Sits in the maya wrap and enthusiastically takes in all of his surroundings!
-Turns his head from side to side while he is holding it up to look around
-Holds himself up for a minute at a time when put on his belly
-Wants to be held up to "stand" and check things out
-Is awake for 7-10 hours a day!
-Has started drooling....ew!
-Is taking interest in his developmental toys that hang above his head
-Shows an obvious preference for mommy!
-Purposefully brings his hands to his mouth to suck on them
-Will "find" his thumb and suck on it if he's really hungry and half-asleep!
-Movements are significantly less jerky!
-Displays more expressions...concentrating, pouting, sad, angry, happy, amused, relaxed!

FIRSTS!:
-Social smile...smiling back when he is smiled at!
-Shoes!
-Airplane trip!
-Train ride! (MARTA)
-Road trip!
-Shower...he LOVES them!
-Braves game...if only for a couple of innings.
-Road race: watching daddy start off the Peachtree 2007!

Again, I'm sure I could add even more to this list, but we'll go with it for now! Upcoming events are going to include professional family photos and an outing to the park (I hope!).

No comments: