Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Missing Daddy!

Yesterday morning, Ian was extremely fussy for no reason I could figure other than the change of routine, and picking up on emotions of this time. The only thing I knew to do was pace around and bounce him while trying to comfort him. In my pacing, I passed by a picture on the wall that he tracked as I walked by. I went back...and when it came into focus, he instantaneously stopped fussing and smiled. It was Matt. He just wanted to see a picture of his daddy!

I'm so thankful that we are facing this deployment at a time when we have pictures and so much modern technology. By God's grace and granted strength we will get through this and be stronger for it. And what a blessing that Ian can still see his daddy!

For example, this morning, I showed him some more pictures of daddy, which he looked at with interest. You'll ask, how do I know? Because, I show him pictures all the time in books and things, but they only get passing glances. He was staring at these! Then, I played a video of Matt playing with him. He stared and stared, and at certain points was smiling. If nothing else, he recognizes the voice and the face, and it makes him happy...which makes me happy!

No comments: