Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mommy surprise!

Lunchtime...My phone was dead and charging in the wall. I was tutoring Owen, the little boy across the street, and Matt comes barging through the door! He started to say something, and said he would wait for me to finish with Owen. He took Ian into the other room, and I could hear them playing. After I send Owen home, I find out that Matt was worried because he couldn't reach me, so he came home to investigate! Then, a few minutes later, the doorbell rings, and I am surprised with.....


The card said, "Just because..." What a nice present for mommy at home! I would say it was almost to pretty to eat...but I don't think chocolate could ever be too pretty to eat! :) Much better than flowers, if I do say so myself! I have such a wonderful husband!

Matt had to return to work, but he stayed to snack on the bouquet with Ian and I. Yes, we even let Ian try some strawberry and a teeeensy bit of chocolate. I don't even think he actually ate any. When he tries things, he just pushes his tongue out over and over again. It's truly more of tasting than eating! His face scrunched up in concentration...not a smile, not a cry...really thinking about it! But, how cute is this face?!!! First chocolate!



I don't think kids need chocolate at all, but a taste won't hurt. The more things he tastes, the better his appetite will be! (Or so the theory goes!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: