Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mommy's new cut!

It's what new moms do...they get their hair cut...and they get it cut SHORT. Why? Because with a new little person to take care of, you don't want the hair to fool with! Yes, I'm following a pattern, however, this has been in the works for over a year.

I have wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love for a while...but I have ended up either not having enough hair to do so, or have been too scared to do it. Several things prompted me to finally chop it!

1) IT'S HOT! With temps getting over 100 with heat index, all of my hair has been toooooo hot.
2) Ian...he has started pulling it...OUCH!
3) Haircut is FREE (and I did need one!)
4) Matt is going...I didn't want to freak him out by sending pics of me with the new cut he hadn't seen in person, so just decided (with his OK) to do it now! :)
5) IT'S HOT! Did I mention it's hot?

Notice none of the reasons were that I don't have enough time to do my hair now. I almost always had it in a ponytail anyway, so Ian wasn't really a factor in that way. Besides, he is such a good baby, I have plenty of me time! :)

So this afternoon, while Matt went to the gym...SNIP, SNIP, SNIP...Now, I am about 1 1/2 pounds lighter...seriously!

Of course, I had Ian with me, and he was fussy in the carrier on the floor (I had hoped that he would nap!). So, I picked him up, and sat him on my lap! From wash to final flip...45 minutes...he sat happily on my lap chewing on his hands, and looking around at everyone. He is such a good baby! :)

Ian doesn't seem to even notice the new cut! Let me know what YOU think! :) Check out the web album for befores and afters...

Locks of Love

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I was SOOO freaked out when you told me over the phone that you cut your hair short! I was in shock and I was a little worried that it would look strange, but... YOUR HAIR LOOKS SO CUTE! I love it! It must feel great too! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Julie-
I love your haircut. It is marvelous. I can hardly wait to see you in person. I was shocked to start with, because I did not know you were considering it or had done it. Erica is right. It's great! You have even got me wondering if I should go short.
Sheila