Time for a shopping trip before Ladies night out...so of course Ian came along as usual! (Can't leave him at home yet...Sera & Kiki aren't very trustworthy babysitters. They just lie around while he cries!) Anyway, there's a new twist on today's shopping adventure - read on!
I decided to try something different today. Lately, he has been getting very frustrated with his car seat on top of the shopping cart. He can't see very much from that particular angle. He arches his back and grunts, trying to get out of the seat. Although this is quite hilarious for a short amount of time (the noises especially), eventually frustration gets the best of him...and then the crying begins. It's really not that bad, but I don't think any mom likes to hear her baby cry. There's about a 10 minute warning before he gets to that point, but I am not that efficient at shopping yet. Besides, he is doing so well at sitting up on his own, I thought why not try out his shopping cart cover - and sitting in it a little while.
First I maneuvered the pieces of what seemed to be another one of those simple baby gadgets. I am slowly learning there is NO such thing! No matter how easy they say it is, and how hassle-free...they lie! All of this time, I thought I was so clever at figuring how to operate complicated doodads and at putting things together. I was one of those people that could help you figure these things out...then I became (insert ominous music here)...a mother. Now I am transformed into a person who blankly stares at contraptions wondering how on earth I can get them to function. I stare confused at many dangling straps, buckles, and velcro strips...waiting on a small child to come along and explain this to me. Is there a diagram that comes with this thing? Where's the box? (Ian is playing with it, waiting on me to figure the toy out)...
And somehow these things always end up working...eventually. You have to give up first.
Finally the moment of truth! I plopped little man into the cart and held my breath (and his sides)! Ian sat right up, looked around, and there was no turning back from there! He had no problems keeping himself upright! Sights and sounds galore from the new vantage point, those baby blues were wide with excitement! I could tell he was so proud of himself for being big enough to sit up and see everything around.
So, I was able to shop around with a very happy baby! Ian alternated between looking around and playing with the ingeniously placed toys on the shopping cart cover. He really wore himself out.
As they say, shop 'til you drop...
For more pics from today's adventures...follow the link at right (Family Photos) and go to the October Miscellaneous album! :)
Lesson for today? In a new way, Romans 8:28..."And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Even complicated baby gadgets! :)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment