Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Top Ten...

Well, things are going as well as can be expected (if not even a little better)! God provides in so many ways...and there are more blessings than I can count. However, sometimes, things just get away from me (like this blog)...and it seems like the "to do" list is a little longer than usual.

So, I have been doing a lot of thinking about things...and have come up with a list to help me out since Matt isn't here...

Top Ten Ways to Save Time and Minimize Chores

10 - Host a cleaning-themed costume party...each guest must dress up like a cleaning item (washcloth, vacuum cleaner, scrub brush), and then act out their choice accordingly!

9 - Potty train Ian, NOW...Yes, I know it seems early, but he seems like a pretty smart and advanced kid! This will save time (and money) on diaper changes! Frees up more time for chores!

8 - Recruit army of ants to clean the floor...instead of trying to keep them out of the house, I can let them use their skills for good! There goes the need for sweeping!

7 - Teach Kiki to use the toilet...while I am potty training, might as well go all the way. No more litter box! Need I say any more?

6 - Transform rainstorms into car wash...when it starts raining, I'll run outside and pour carwash on top of both cars! Added bonus of being worry-free from watering bans!

5 - Tie a dust rag to Kiki's tail...as she jumps around on furniture around the house, she can be dusting! Works for all but the really high places, and some vertical surfaces. I can live with that!

4 - Move large trash bin inside... instead of taking bags out to the can, then dragging it out to the street...we'll just skip a step! Put trash in can, wheel out to street!

3 - Have Sera wash the dishes...after all, they say dog's mouths are cleaner than humans. When I finish eating, I'll let Sera lick it, and just stick it back up on the shelf!

2 - Bath time = laundry time...while Ian takes his bath, give him some laundry detergent and the dirty clothes. Swinging, splashing, and kicking arms and legs are a satisfactory alternative to the washing machine agitator!

And the number one way to save time and minimize chores while Matt is gone....(drumroll please)...

Replace the lawn with astro turf...it's cheap, it doesn't need to be mowed, and it can even be rolled up in the winter time!

:)

No comments: