Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's the littlest things...

...that give meaning to life! Here's some little observations of Ian's love for his sister that have made our hearts smile!

*Ian continues to say, "Want hold you," when he's feeling snuggly, and reaches his arms out to us with the sweetest expression. He even extends this want to Zoe - such a sweet boy!

*I do believe that if Ian did anything to hurt Zoe, it would be smothering her with kisses! He loves to get right up to her face and kiss, kiss, kiss! (Or nuzzle her nose!).

*It is very upsetting for big brother when someone other than mommy or daddy takes Zoe out of his sight..."No! Zoe! Come back!" He is very interested in keeping her with the family!

*When I put Zoe down to sleep, a concern of his is that she is covered. "Want bank! Want bank!" (He calls a blanket, "bank").

*Zoe's cries are often met with a brother's translation. He has come up to me several times to tell me, "Zoe hurt. Tummy hurt. Hungry." Unfortunately, he even joins in on the crying if I'm not responding soon enough! I do believe he's learning empathy on some level!

*As much as he obviously loves his sister, he's still not going to share his toys! He continues to show them to her briefly, or even try to get her to hold them...but as soon as she does, "No mine!" and they get yanked back! Oh well, all in due time...

*It is so cute to hear Ian say Zoe's name - but even more heartwarming to hear him proudly say, "MY sisser."

I think all of these moments are totally overshadowed by what happened earlier, though. Ian walked over to Zoe (who was "playing" on the floor), hugged her and said, "I love you." My heart melts even now thinking about it. :)

No comments: