This past month has flown by even faster than the first, if that can even be possible! Our little girl is getting bigger by the moment, and I treasure these baby days so much! She is now 11.5 pounds, and measures 22.25 inches long.
Other milestones...
-Stares at your face directly for as long as you'll look at her it seems.
-Is just beginning to experiment with a little chuckle-laugh...it's a different kind of coo, but I know it will turn into a very recognizable laugh soon!
-Is still in 3 month size clothing for the most part, but moved up to size 2 diapers!
-Tracks objects in an arc with her eyes almost 180 degrees.
-Can hold her body up in a sitting position for a couple of seconds!
-With propping, will sit up in the exersaucer and turn to look around.
-Is making pursed lip faces and blowing bubbles on purpose!
-Will side crawl...literally! When she's lying on her side, she can scooch herself all the way over to me - a foot or so away! (When she's hungry and has the motivation, that is!).
Other fun observations about Zoe...
-Has a definite preference for the swing...going side-to-side. It's also a favorite place, she smiles in recognition of the mobile when I put her in it!
-The baby wrap is her napping tool - almost without fail, 5 minutes after being put in the wrap, she's out like a light!
-Really wants to face out and see everything! She really likes to move around a lot on your lap and change positions!
The older she gets, the more she seems to be a calm and calculating one...content to take things in, but when they get quiet, more determined to see what's going on.
She loves to lay and watch her brother trying to entertain her, and it is exciting to see the bond developing between them. I know Ian is completely in love with his sister, and you can see his protectiveness of her already. She is beginning to acknowledge him with smiles that are unique between them...and I can't even explain, it's just something you have to see to believe!
We're enjoying every moment with our little girl...and the chance to watch another person grow up is so amazing! :)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







1 comment:
Too cute! I love this month in pictures! The kids are so cute together! Ian is so precious. I love the bike pictures. I love Zoe's smiles. :)
Post a Comment