Thursday, May 14, 2009

Strawberry Pickin'!

From 05.2009 - MISC


Here we are on our MOPS "Moms on the Move" trip...with Ian, the Strawberry picking master! As you can see, Zoe also dressed for the occassion and wore her little strawberry hat!

At first, he wanted me to do all the picking for him...but Zoe had other ideas. When I turned from taking care of her, Ian was well down the row, picking like a pro! (He even threw away rotten ones, proclaiming, "Ew! Yucky! Yucky!").

I can't believe how much he looked like a little man, stooping down, pushing the leaves aside, and finding the little red treats! Of course, he quite often would pick one, eat one...but hey, I did too! At one point he even sat down in the middle of the row with his basket and had a little snack before moving on to collect more!

From 05.2009 - MISC


His little basket stayed full! As he walked down the row, reaching over to pick new ones, more would fall out of his basket and on the ground. He didn't notice they kept falling out, but kept filling the basket. I walked behind him to gather all the ones that fell on the ground. (His little strawberry trail!) He picked enough to fill FOUR baskets! There were only a few that I had to toss, most were beautiful, sweet, red strawberries!

At the very end, he started to slow down just a little bit...but still didn't want to leave even though it started to sprinkle. He loves to be outside, and apparently is a little farmer in the making!

It was a great adventure, and we'll definitely be back for more as the season progresses! He's passed out taking a nap now! :)

No comments: