Monday, January 12, 2009

30 Week Check-up...

Had a routine appointment today, and everything looks great! I measured at 29.5 cm, (roughly equivalent to weeks), and her heart was beating a strong 160bpm!

We briefly discussed some of the "birth plan" and I am praying for stronger faith in God's will and handling of the whole situation. I must admit birthing in a hospital is a challenge for me mentally...so many roadblocks to overcome about the whole scenario...routine interventions, policies, and overall "interventions" - when I would be much happier at home with a midwife! :)

BUT, I have the MOST AMAZING birth experience to look back at from Ian!!! God's hand was on me for those 8 hours, and I know that even if things may not go how I think I want them, it will be the perfect gift from Him. After all, He has handled the timing and everything else...why start doubting now?!

Can you believe it's getting close enough to start thinking of these things? Ten more weeks until the estimated due date...and I know it will fly by faster than I can even imagine...the worries will be behind me...and we will have a beautiful baby in our arms! :)

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. -James 1:17 (KJV)

1 comment:

Brandi said...

So, how much more of a risk is it to have a home birth? Are there other places you can go that are not a home but a more "relaxed" environment than a public hospital?