Friday, January 30, 2009

Articles!

Ian loves to read books with us, and lately his favorite thing to do is ask us, "What's that?" at every picture! This means he is picking up lots of vocabulary along the way. When the question is asked of him, he is able to answer more and more! On top of that, he is also adding modifiers to his sentences. Yes, that's the teacher in me getting excited!

For example, instead of simply saying, "Apple," he says, "A apple"! I know this is just a little thing, but it's quite exciting to watch him pick up the nuances of the English language. I know every precious word is a gift! :)

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. -Proverbs 25:11

1 comment:

Barb said...

I agree completely! In all of my studies to get my degree in English language, nothing captivated me as completely as watching my child develop language. Every day he surprises me with something new & different, & I wonder at the way words take shape in his facile little mind! It's such a thrill to my literary heart. :-)