Yes, this week is the week of doctor visits! We braved the freezing weather and headed to my appointment (I truly was tempted to reschedule because of the weather, but I guess that's pretty sissy, LOL).
This was my best appointment EVER! I met with the doctor who is also the commander of the OB department - and I think I like him the best of the doctors I've seen. Hard to say, as literally I was in the room for 5 minutes. (Did I mention this was my favorite check-up?) :)
I measured right at 33cm, and weighed 165 (gained my pound per week like I'm supposed to, yay me, yay Zoe). My glucose results were back, and I got an "A" (110) - not that I had too much to do with that, but comforting anyway. Zoe's heart was beating strong too! Blood count normal...I think that's about it.
The only concern I mentioned were some of the hospital policies we weren't so happy about (3 hours of "transitional care" in the nursery after birth topping the list), and he said that was really only an issue for C-section babies. Besides, I'm praying that God-willing, the mother-baby nurse pairing will be in full swing by the time I deliver (in this case they would do everything right in the room with us).
This doctor was very interested in how I would rate my experience in "his" clinic compared to Lejeune, and I can tell he takes pride in running the office smoothly, and desires a more personal care level than occurs in some Naval hospitals. (I know this because he told me so). :P At any rate, overall, I have been as happy as I could be with the doctors, I think...and am glad and thankful that I am having such an uncomplicated pregnancy. It truly is a blessing I'm not taking for granted!
"Do you have any more questions?" Nope! See you in 2 weeks! :)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







1 comment:
How exciting! I can't wait to see the little bit! I wish I could come down. I'm glad that the appointment went well.
Post a Comment