We started off February with his long overdue 18 month checkup...complete with developmental screening (actually sounds a lot more impressive than it is).
Ian weighed in at 24 pounds on the dot (25th percentile for those staticians out there), and 33 1/4 inches tall (75th percentile). I foget his head measurement, but it was 50th percentile. I don't care about the percents, I guess they're interesting, but I know the boy is growing - I've had to rotate some of his clothes out again!!
Everything else looked great, the doctor commented he was especially bright...I know all of the cute kids get told this! ;)
I was amazed at how well Ian behaved for the exam. He sat perfectly still while the doctor listened to his heart, looked in his ears and mouth, and overall prodded him! I'm waiting for the visit when he tries swiping at all of the fun doctor things, he definitely looked like he was thinking about it!
The doctor reminded us to keep all the outlets covered, keep chemicals out of reach, and start giving him time-outs if he was being naughty. I guess I can follow that "prescription" LOL.
We'll be back again when he turns two for the next regular checkup/screening (which is just a list of a billion questions regarding what he's doing and not doing). We also have an appointment with the allergist on Thursday to discuss his milk/strawberry allergy and other related items. I'll keep you updated on that! :)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







1 comment:
Boy is he getting big! I'm glad everything is going well. His answers sounds great to the reading! Love ya and miss ya!
Post a Comment