
Can you believe I made this shirt?! Don't question the actual sewing, but the fabric choice! Ha! I have made several things for Zoe, and Ian had been asking me to make something for him...Matt joined us on a trip to the fabric store, and they chose this together (and even the pattern!). It's fun that this has been a family project, as everyone was involved in the process at some point. Even Zoe helped me put away all of the notions when we brought them home!
This was my first collared/buttoned shirt ever. The most difficult part was setting the sleeves. Overall, I worked on the project for about an hour and a half on four separate evenings. My favorite part (besides showing the finished product) was sewing the buttonholes and buttons...all on the sewing machine! I know this technology is nothing new really, but I am very aware at how much time this actually saved me!

Total cost? Six dollars, not counting my time. Of course, my son who was as thrilled as Christmas morning...priceless! "Oh, thank you, Mom, for my new shirt! It's my favorite! I'm a Georgia Dawg!" He literally squealed with delight. He really has no clue what being a "Bulldog" actually entails (my small consolation), but was especially fascinated that I made it, just for him. "You made this for ME! Oh, thank you for making this!"

Matt wants a matching one next. :)







3 comments:
Sweet Julie,
It's been a while since I've surfed any blogs so forgive me!!
First, your blog header and layout are GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE it!! Nice work!
And, after sitting here sipping my coffee and catching up with your family, I miss you more!!
The shirt is great! Don't think I'll try any of that for a while... until M asks for a shirt!!
Love and big hugs, my friend!
God's blessings...
A
Oh, thank you, Annie for your encouraging words! I miss you too, and pray for you often. The shirt was much easier than I thought, except for those silly sleeves, but it all worked out in the end. Much love to you too!
Julie, you are so amazing! I love the shirt -the whole Georgia Bulldogs :) Go Gamecocks! You did a fabulous job! You go girl!
Post a Comment