Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Ready...set...go!"

Here's our new chant! I can't believe he's already stringing these phrases together...just like I'm also hearing "Onnnne...oooooo...freeee!" What? Not even 2, and the first step to counting?! Pinch me!!

Mostly, he joins this phrase with rolling a car, or playing with his little people (bouncing up and down and jumping off things, lol). Of course, the phrase doesn't always come out correctly! Numerous times, he's repeated, "Onnnnne...onnnne...one..." and gets frozen there until he gets "rescued" by me completing the countdown. Or, he'll go, "Ready, ready, ready, gooooo!" (Go is not a problem for him at all!).

He also pretends to count objects. Ok, maybe he really IS counting, but using a different language! I know he's trying, because he copies me after counting objects, or uses the "counting" books. He really does seem to remember the "themes" of different books.

My favorite new counting situation is quite humorous. I have started counting for him (goodness, I said I wouldn't do it, and it's stopping now), to obey..."Ian get down." (Pause) "Ok, you have 3 seconds to get down or I'm helping you." (Looks rebellious) Then HE helps me out, standing there on top of the table, counting, "One, onnnnne, three!" and then hops down. I'm definitely abandoning this game/technique!

It's just a constant excitement for me, seeing him grow and learn how to do things! Besides being so much faster than I thought! :)

No comments: