...to no more doctor's visits! (For me, for a while anyway). I might actually have to admit I like this particular doctor though! You'll see why...
He greets me with, "Isn't it just a beautiful day outside, the sun is nice and warm, and it's just wonderful!" I must say, I am very easily won over by positivity (and sunshine). We went through the usual progression of listening to the heart beat (which is located a lot lower now), and measurements (right on again!). I mentioned that I have been having some very productive feeling contractions, and unlike my pregnancy with Ian - I am at a point where I really feel like she could just fall out.
He says he knows that I would like a birth without interventions, so we won't talk about any induction scenarios, or do anything invasive...he has faith that beginning labor spontaneously, I'll have another uncomplicated birth. I really do trust God that His hand will be on me again through the process, but it is SO VERY NICE to have a doctor that also has faith that everything will go smoothly. This may seem like something obvious, but from most of the other encounters I have had, doctors are always on the lookout for abnormalities and that infamous "err on the side of caution." Their job is to prepare for the worst case scenario. I'm sure he's prepared, but it's nice to get the positive side for once! :)
A quick check indicates in his words, "Well, you're definitely ready for the wind to blow the right way...the barometric pressure to drop...the full moon...or whatever other mysterious trigger happens to cause labor!" Did I mention I might actually like this doctor? :)
So there you have it - Zoe is ready to go! Now, just to wait on that wind to blow the right way. It still could be a couple of weeks off, but we're most definitely in the home stretch!
I'm definitely very excited, but probably not as excited as Matt. He demands I go into labor tonight so he can avoid officer drill this week. Ha! I guess he figures since he installed the car seats, he can call the shots. (For those of you who may not know or remember...I took a nap after Matt installed the car seats when I was pregnant with Ian, and when I woke up my water broke!). Maybe I shouldn't start laughing at him until tomorrow...wind is so unpredictable you know!
The exciting time of anticipation continues, and I'll definitely keep you updated on any more developments! My next appointment is Monday, and this week will definitely be busy! It remains to be seen if I will make the appointment...
:)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment