Thursday, March 5, 2009

He pulled a fast one over on me!

A year ago today, Ian took his first tentative step from coffee table to couch. Tonight, I find myself faced with a little boy who not only can RUN, but has also developed into a force to be reckoned with...

There I was, sitting at the table eating my ice cream pie while Ian finished his sherbet. (Matt brought us all home treats from Bruster's...to show his excitement, mine was oreo emblazoned with, "Zoe wants OUT!"). Ian obviously enjoyed the little treat immensely, as he even tipped the bowl to get the last few drops of sugary goodness. I still had a few bites left.

Ian of course asks for more, but it's too close to bed time! Then he gets a little more agressive with his technique and asks, "Hand." This is his new technique for getting us to follow him (usually into the kitchen for food). I obligingly follow him, only to find he is now pushing me away toward the kitchen!

What follows next is enough to find me laughing incredulously at his little impish mind (CAN ANYONE SAY, MATT?!)...he pushes me again, turns and RUNS back over to my chair and climbs it frantically, then pulls my plate of pie close to his chest. He had a mischeivous plan to steal my pie! What a stinker!

I can't believe my little baby is plotting against me! Forgive me for my tears of joy after I get over laughing so hard. They grow up so fast!! :)

No comments: