Well, today is the "magical" due date...which means absolutely nothing other than what we already knew...any day now! Of course, with the advanced preparations my body has gone through already, we expected she might be early - but she is reinforcing the concept that there is no "sign" out there that can give you a reasonable idea of a baby's arrival! It's all up to God's timing!
And, wow, am I glad He knows when that will be! Of course, you've noticed the lack of recent posting. This is due to welcoming Barb's arrival to help with last minute preparations (and to be here to watch Ian when the time comes), and then promptly celebrating her arrival with an all out viral fun-fest. I say fun with the most extreme sarcasm the word can evoke...
I do believe every towel, washcloth, sheet, mattress pad, and most of our clothes have been washed at least three to four times in the last week. Now is a good time to express my thankfulness for the amazing invention called the washing machine. I'm telling you, it is not taken for granted, that's for sure!
It definitely appears that we are now coming out from under the cloud of sickness (I definitely feel 100% again!), but please keep praying for us all! Matt was gone in the field at just the right time and missed the fun...I'm hoping it stays that way! Ian is still not back to his full-throttle self yet, but getting there gradually as he's able to eat more.
Even though the past week has not been quite what I would have planned, again I am so thankful for God's provisions - for Barb being able to help at a MUCH needed time, that my run of the sickness was not that long, and most importantly that Zoe is waiting for a HEALTHY time in our family to make her grand entrance!
So, the waiting continues, but the excitement is always tempered with a reminder that God really does know best, and the PERFECT time is still yet to come! (But, hopefully very SOON!) :)
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment