Can you believe I have never made this before? There's a first time for everything, and I decided to let the boys help me. Ian usually participates in some fashion with dinner, but this was definitely a dinner he (and Adler) made start to finish with little assistance.
Of course, I had to prepare the area appropriately. I laid out all the ingredients, and a "splash zone" mat.
| From 04.2010 - MISC |
The boys did a marvelous job. Adler (4) meticulously spread the ingredients evenly across the pan. Ian assisted him, by tossing everything in a pile very quickly. "All done!" he kept telling us. Oh, and he needed his hands washed about 40 times during the process. He is a very neat cook.
On the last layer, I asked them to spread the ingredients out with their spoons. They immediately dropped their spoons and had their hands in it before I could even blink. When I stopped laughing long enough to take a picture, they both looked up at me with the widest smiles. I love how cooking brings people together. :)
| From 04.2010 - MISC |
Ian was so excited to eat the On-on-ya he toiled over. It was wonderful to share dinner together with our friends.
We brought a serving of the delicious dish to Daddy, who has duty tonight. Ian chatted to me the whole trip about how he made it, and that he would tell Daddy all about it. When we arrived, he was totally preoccupied with other things, and I had to remind him to tell Daddy. I find it so amusing how passionate he is about whatever he's thinking about right THEN, and just as quickly can move on to something else!
At any rate, after questioning, he finally expounded upon what we used to make dinner. Sauce, cheese, salad (spinach), noodles, and ice cream (ricotta cheese?).
I loved our hands-on dinner and we'll be repeating this dish again soon. On-on-ya is delicious. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment