Saturday, April 10, 2010

Slow-Motion

Most of the time it's a blur around here. If it's not running around doing one thing or another...it's children running around...

We had a funny moment last night I HAD to blog about (even though I'm needing to get back to cleaning) before I forget completely.

Ian was running around the kitchen doing his usual "Ian stuff" as Matt calls it. We call it "Ian stuff" because it is not always apparent what on earth he's doing. Some of his play has an audible and understandable dialogue, but he is only almost-three after all. The requirement is that it makes sense to him. Wait, I'm not sure that it really needs to make sense to him either.

Anyway...

So here he is running around the kitchen back and forth, doing "Ian stuff," spinning in circles, etc. He ran into one of the floor toys and fell over it, landing on the floor in a tangled mess of boy. Instead of crying, Ian goes back to the same path and re-enacts his fall in slow motion...complete with sound effects!

I wasn't actually there to witness this moment of hilarity, but Matt related it to me (complete with sound effects). I can't wait to see this with my own two eyes. I didn't know my son could move in slow-motion. :)

No comments: