A little update on the themes lately around here!
Zoe's Obsessions
Zoe continues her obsession with belly buttons. Not only does she fall asleep sucking her thumb and holding her own, but she continually checks to see that ours are still in place. She also inspects baby dolls for their correct parts...and is very upset when they don't have a belly button at times!
Oh, how Zoe loves her stroller (best birthday present to date, Courtney!). She endlessly pushes it around the house with various "babies." This includes matchbox cars, sippy cups, books, blocks, and anything else in her path. Lately, she has asked to bring it with us on trips. I even let her push it around the grocery store with a couple items in it...best trip we ever had! (Usually I'm asking her 7 billion times to sit down, but she enjoyed having a job and stayed right with us the entire time!).
"Bups, bups, bups!" is her chant at various points during the day. Translation, "Book, book, book!" She has definitely developed a few favorites, and right now I think it's a train book. After so many readings, she is now able to read some of the pages..."Choo! Choo!"
The Incredible Memory Machine
We walked to a friend's house around the corner for lunch this afternoon, and Ian kicked along beside me on his tricycle. (He still hasn't mastered pedaling, but is amazingly fast at pushing himself along). This particular tricycle makes about 10 preset noises/voices. In the middle of our walk he said, "Hold on just one minute, I have to do something here," and quickly cycled through 7 sounds. "Ah, here it is," he reported, and leaned back in the seat. A little mechanized voice said, "Let's race! Ready...set...go!" and he took off with little legs going crazy. How on earth does he remember exactly which sound comes next!?
Speaking of his incredible memory, about a month ago we went shopping for some fall clothes. Ian picked out a long-sleeved gorilla shirt, and one with a skeleton printed on it (it glows in the dark!). I washed the clothes when we got home and immediately put them in storage. He hasn't seen them since that day. When I pulled out his gorilla shirt, he said, "Oh yeah, Mom! Now I get my bones shirt too!" I had to stop and think a moment because I didn't realize what he meant! He officially has a better memory than me.
Did I mention if I tell him what we're getting in the store, he will remember the one item I forgot? It's so useful, because he is sure to tell me right as we're going to the check out line. Eggs! Yes! :)
New Year, New Adventures
12 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment