Kristen and I were just talking on the phone about the morning routine...and how it can look (ahem) different in different households. It is at times like these that I can appreciate the hard work my mom put into teaching me the most obvious of tasks. Take getting dressed, for example. It can become more adventurous than you ever though possible.
I: I want this shirt. (Points to white one).
M: Ok, get it and put it on.
I: It's stuck. (Points to green one on top of it).
M: Just lift the green shirt and then get the white shirt.
I: But the green shirt is on top of it!
M: Yes, take the green one out first, then get the white one.
I: (Pulls out green shirt). I can't get it. My hands are full. Can you get it for me?
M: Put the green shirt in just one hand and then get the white one.
I: (Puts the green shirt on the floor and pulls out white shirt). The green shirt is still out. Oh now, I have to put it away.
M: Ok, put it away.
I: (Puts green shirt away and unfolds white shirt). This is my white shirt.
M: Yes, put it on.
I: I don't want to wear this one. I want to wear the green one.
M: Then get the green one and put the white one back.
I: The green one is where this one goes! (He flaps the white shirt around in the air).
M: Take the green one out, then you can put the white one in that spot. Or you can put that shirt back and pick any shirt you want.
I: Oh, ok. I want to wear this white one! I got it!
(Puts on the white shirt).
I: I don't like this shirt.
SIGH.
He is now wearing a black spiderman shirt. Oh, the adventure of getting dressed! :)







2 comments:
Too funny! I love listening to you do things with the kids while we are talking... It reminds me of the good old days :)
hahahahaha I miss Ian!!
Post a Comment