Monday, February 28, 2011

Stickers

Stickers have been a theme around here lately. I must say, there are few things as simple and thrilling to little fingers. Less thrilling to be pulling off the bottom of my feet!

Of course, there are so many different kinds of stickers to explore. Earlier in the week, I laughed as I pulled the sticker off the apple Zoe was eating. Why was this so funny? She was stubbornly trying to chew it up, and it was hanging out of the side of her mouth! Oh, the adventures of motherhood!

Later while I was sorting paperwork, I found Ian walking around the living room aimlessly with a star sticker in his hand. (I had just given him a full sheet to stick on his paper). I asked, "Ian what are you doing? Where is your paper?" He smiled up at me, and with a sweet little voice said, "I am making the house boooootiful, Mom!"


This little endeavor kept him busy for nearly an hour.

There.

Were.

Stickers.

Everywhere.

But, I was able to catch up on so much, I gave him another sheet the following day. Then regret set in, and I wondered why on earth would I create something else for myself to do!? (Removing stickers off furniture...oh boy). Encountering those stickers everywhere really made me think, though...because as I pulled them off, I couldn't help but think of the big smiles on his face as he did it! He truly considered them beautiful additions to our decor!

And now, I can't help but ponder, what sort of things have I been "sticking" in my mind (thinking they were fun and pretty), and what things should I go ahead and peel away?

It's ok, you can scratch your head on that one. Deep thoughts of a stay at home mom, right? :)

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. -Philip. 4:8 (NIV)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

He did all of that in an hour? What a work-a-holic you are raising! Some day he'll be a very industrious adult, I predict!

Julie said...

LOL, some of that he did the 2nd day that I gave him stickers. But, he is very focused when he gets on a particular task! :)