So, I stare down at my belly, and wonder, where exactly did the time go? And I look back at the pictures and marvel that there is a little boy growing in there!
My talented photographer friend, Amanda of Manda's Memories is also pregnant with a little boy...due just a couple of weeks after me. We took each other's maternity portraits. I wanted to capture some photos of both of us (which we hadn't really done with the others). You know, those blissfully happy photos that really show how excited we are, and happy to have a little one on the way...cute couple mushy stuff (we really are cute and sappy at times). Aww.
But, I also really wanted to capture the silliness that is "Team G"...how much our lives are blessed, crazy, and fun. It wasn't hard. Matt was really willing to let loose in front of the camera. He made funny faces at my belly, and talked about nonsense. You know, just the same as any other time we're not in front of the camera!
It was so much fun! Don't let him even suggest otherwise, Matt had a blast.
Of course, the problem was trying to get those shots that were just slightly more serious, because he kept making the most obnoxious faces. Or I was laughing so hard, I knew I would look maniacal in the photo. (I'm ok with that, but I would like at least a couple that are more flattering). Here's a great series that tells a story.
He was saying "NOOOOOO." I told him if he didn't behave, and the photos all came out crazy, we'd have to have a 4th child and do it over again. :D
I'm so thankful that we got to work with such a talented photographer that exactly got US. I'll forever treasure these photos as a glimpse into the 33rd week...and what an amazing journey of life God has blessed us with again! :)
You can click the album link to see more photos from the session:













1 comment:
These are GREAT pics of you guys. I love them. They do highlight your silly / funny personalities. By the way, the "fourth child" threat must have worked because right after the "NOOOO" pictures is a really cute, more serious one of you guys... :)
Post a Comment