We were already using cloth diapers (I love how the new trend is to call them "fluff") except for a couple of crazy months and outings. Now, we've returned to them almost exclusively (I'm sure there might be an exception to the rule at some point). You can attribute the switch back to finally getting caught up on everything, and back on track...I forgot how much Zoe loved them. She pats them proudly and doesn't try to pull them off like the disposables.
We're adding another cloth addition to diaper time...wipes. We'll see how this one goes, but since we're already washing dirty diapers, why not wipes?

Last week may have represented a fading routine as well...the purchase of paper towels. I admit, their usefulness is beyond words. We use paper towels for napkins, cleaning spills, drying hands/objects, and whole plethora of daily tasks. But...I feel so wasteful using a paper sheet only once and throwing it away! So, we're going to try an experiment. We're hiding the paper towels and using cloth napkins and washcloths.
Would you be surprised if I told you Matt's reaction to this was, "Sure! I'm all for that idea. Let's try it."

More cloth involved in a "School Room" transformation. The story behind these cabinets is one that began in Pensacola. Our kitchen there was completely lacking a pantry, so we purchased them for food storage. Next, they served as garage storage. At our current location (sans garage), they became a handy storage place for puzzles and games. Only...the doors broke somewhere on the journey for one of the shelves. I was content to have shelving instead of a cabinet, but had an idea! Ian was so excited with the project, he exclaimed, "Oh wow! Mommy, you made this for me! I like it a lot! It's perrrfect!"
Before: Messy shelf of puzzles and fun games.
After: Cute fabric + tension rod = hides the mess!
There will certainly be more updates with my latest projects...I'm definitely on a roll! Life around here is not only measured in minutes, but yards! :)







2 comments:
Ok!
1) for your cloth wipes, did you order actual "cloth wipes" or are you using wash cloths? I have purchased about 14 wash cloths (for starters) to try out as wipes and I planned on making my own wipe solution (warm water, 1 tsp of baby oil & 1 tsp of baby wash in a squirt bottle). I also have a wipe warmer...but wont the wipes get moldy is wet and sitting in a wipe warmer?
I know we just chatted, but people would probably wonder the answers to the questions, LOL.
I have a combination of washcloths, purchased "cloth wipes" (bamboo bumgenius & fuzzi bunz wonder wipes), and some flannel ones. I'll have to let you know which is my favorite as they all get used more!
I roll the wipes in the warmer and only wet them with water. There's a "liner" in the bottom that is designed to be antimicrobial and keep them from drying out.
I spray each wipe before using it, and only put in enough for 2 days. No problems with mold as they aren't in there long enough! :)
Post a Comment