Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Living a Full Life!

Matt and I have had a lot of talks lately about getting back to basics and living a full life...this has resulted in many projects lately!

Our garden grows...and grows...we've been harvesting the rewards every day for the past few weeks. Here's the latest "pick."


A goal we've set is to make our own spaghetti sauce completely from home-grown ingredients. This led to talk about planting an even bigger garden next year and canning the overflow. Ok, ok, I admit, this is really all Matt's idea. I pledge to be more involved in the gardening next season! Here's the sauce that started it all...and it was every bit as delicious as it looks!


I've had some time to sew...here's a skirt I LOVE! (If you didn't already know this about me, I'm a sucker for lime green).


A little while back, I copied an idea from Greyhaired Momma for a birthday gift. I have missed making time for crafting. This project was so much fun!


Another inspiration came from Anna's latest project (denim cushions with too-cute piping for the living room). I had an old eggshell mattress topper (that ended up cut into strips) and some lonely twill fabric that ended up as a handy "beanless bag" for the living room. Zoe will get one next, as it's more popular than I originally envisioned.


In another effort to, "Go Green," I decided to repurpose some lonely terry cloth and old cloth diapers. (Do you notice a theme? I was re-organizing my fabric bins and discovering lonely fabric). This is a reusable "febreeze" floor pad. As convenient and wonderfully-smelling I admit the disposable versions are, I know it's just another paper product/expense laden with chemicals. So, if anyone has ideas for what to clean my not-wholly-sealed wood floor with these new pads, let me know!


Another repurposed project, a pillowcase dress. I have no idea where these pretty pillowcases came from, but they were in my fabric bin...and don't match any bedding we currently (or will ever) have. Not my taste for bedding, but it certainly made a cute dress! :)


Finally, I had a patriotic inspiration for Zoe. I am in love with this pattern, and you'll be sure to see more variations of it soon!


I guess that's about it for now. I look forward to sharing some of our other projects/inspirations. Life has been full of wonderful new turns and prioritizing lately. :)

No comments: