Tuesday, March 1, 2011

9 Months Pregnant!

It's funny that before I was ever pregnant, I thought the same as many people...pregnancy was 9 months long. Ha! Really, it's 40-ish weeks. Which is actually 10 months. It may not sound like a big difference, but it sure can be! :)

Now we have hit that 36 week mark, and this will probably sound ridiculous, but I finally feel really pregnant.

What do I mean by that, you may wonder. Well, I feel more slowed down. I am looking forward to the bump being out of the way so I can snuggle all my babies. And, that bump is REALLY getting in the way of picking up toys. (Oh, man, someone else has to do it, heehee). Every now and again I'll get a bout of heartburn because he's kicking me in the stomach. Oh, and I get stuck! For example, I squatted to get clothes out of the dryer and had to take a second try to get up! Finally, it seems like I have less room for meals. Boooo! :)

What feels great is my overall energy level. I don't feel like a woman that's in her final month of pregnancy. God is blessing my efforts to re-dedicate time and space in preparation for our growing family. Yes, it's definitely nesting...but, I believe it's also more. I now have more responsibilities, and more children...and have MORE energy than with my other pregnancies. SO thankful! And, my back doesn't hurt like it did before! Wow, that's the biggest blessing of all!

Birth class was on Monday. Of course, we've been through this twice before, but in a hospital...and the class was actually very helpful. Having in mind a whole new set of tools and options for labor is very encouraging. We had an amazing time driving down with our "birth buddies" Amanda and Joe (she's due with a little boy about 3 weeks after me). It was nice to have Matt with me, thinking baby...and even nicer having wonderful friends like Anna & Marcus to watch the kids so we could share this time.

At the Birth Center, there is a bulletin board that lists the current month's "Ladies in Waiting" and the newest arrivals. I have to admit, it was a little surreal seeing my name on the board! It just feels like it went by SO quickly!!

Everything at the check-up looked wonderful. Little brother's heartbeat is still going strong at 140 beats per minute, and I'm measuring at 36.5cm. (Roughly equates to weeks, plus or minus a couple of centimeters). And the biggest news of all...it's time for weekly visits!! I really can't believe it!

So, I'm almost caught up with things I want to finish before he arrives. All his clothes are folded neatly in the dresser, and I have his diaper bag packed and ready to go with the cutest tiny little cloth diapers and going home outfit.

The indispensable Boppy pillow is ready to go. Spare blankets, burp cloths, and more are all conveniently staged.

Now, I have to finish packing all the things I will need for the Birth Center...and an overnight bag for Ian & Zoe.

A few more things need to be pulled out and cleaned up from storage (like the swing). Can you tell I'm in nesting mode? This post is sounding more like a to-do list than an update!

Anyway, I'm going to truly enjoy these last few ___ (insert unknown time period here) before our newest family member is introduced to the world. Our beach bags are packed, and that's probably where we'll be spending a lot of time. It's relaxing and comfortable to sit in the sand and watch the kids play...and it's absolutely gorgeous outside lately!

One more countdown that is really important. One week until I will be considered full-term and can go to the birth center. One week until it's officially "any day now" status. Wow. Our family of 4 is about to become a family of 5! In 9 months...plus a few week(s). :)

Nine months...God, I am so thankful for this beautiful pregnancy you have given me. I can't believe how truly blessed we are. I trust you for your provision for labor, transition, and all the adventures our growing family will have together!! Thank you!

No comments: