Thursday, May 19, 2011

Do the Moo Shoo

I really enjoy that time of night when all is still and quiet. You can't hear anything but the noise machine over the baby monitor, or maybe the swing makes a click-click sounds as Eli rocks comfortably.

This is when I like to do fun things without being interrupted, like stalk facebook, unpack a box, or just stare out the window blankly and quietly. You know, quiet things. If there must be noise, the clicking of keyboard keys as I chat with a friend is completely acceptable! :)

Then I hear a new noise coming from the kitchen.

It's metallic, perhaps...with a bit of crunching. Not a rhythmic sound, more choppy and irregular. Hacking? What in the world could that be?

We interrupt this blog to bring you a Veggie Tales video.


There was Matt, freezer door wide open, trying desperately to do the "Moo Shoo"! (You need chicken for this, see?).

The chicken was not cooperating. It was frozen solid, in a mass perfectly shaped for the least amount of movement possible. The release-button for the shelf was wedged tightly against frozen chicken!

So from thence came the noise...heavy kitchen knife meeting block o'frozen chicken, trying to create space to lift it out.


I am happy to report that the chicken will be served without the freezer door for dinner tomorrow night. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hahaha! "I would like some chicken and noodle = with a chunk of freezer door, please."