Monday, May 23, 2011

ELI is TWO MONTHS Old!

We measured Eli last week when he turned 2 months old! He was 12 pounds 11 oz. I still need to get his length measurements, but figured I should probably blog what I have on my mind while it's still there!

- He is wearing size 3 months clothes, but a few 6 month sizes because of the cloth diaper fluffiness.

- Eli's routine has become more predictable. He usually takes 3 distinct naps a day, and sleeps from 11:30pm to 4:14am almost every day!

- He LOVES his swing. In fact, Eli loves to be moving at all times. It's not that he is particularly wiggly, he just likes whoever or whatever is holding him to be in motion.

- Favorite toy is by far the giraffe toy. It must be perfectly designed for babies...all of them loved that toy!

- His smiles are coming more and more often! Guaranteed to get him a smile are brother's smiling at him, and Zoe making him clap his hands.

- We've heard his little baby chuckles a few times. They are so cute...and we haven't quite figured out what makes him laugh...he seems to be very easily amused at all sorts of random things!


- He's an amazing car traveler! He sleeps and sleeps or sits quietly staring. We didn't have to stop many times on the trip from Beaufort to here, and I'm very thankful!

- Eli loves to know that Mommy is nearby. He is very attached to me, and it's kind of flattering to be his favorite person. :)

- Little coos are being heard more and more as he's figuring out how to "talk" to us. He likes to talk most in the mornings.

- His cries are extremely distinctive now to my ears. Unfortunately, he has been having some fussy spells between 7 and 10pm on occasion. I think it's been very uncomfortable gas. We can hear and feel his poor little tummy working over time on something! Praying for this phase to pass quickly!

- Tiny little fingers are grabbing and holding on to me or his blanket while he's nursing and playing. He bats at little toys on his bouncy seat too!


It's been so much fun watching Eli grow up! I can't wait to see what this next month will bring. :)

No comments: