Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Because Eli will be happy when he comes."

Do you remember the story behind this little outfit?


If not, you can read the full story HERE.

To sum it up, Ian chose this onesie for his brother, saying, : "...I like it a lot! It's perfect! We'll get this one, Mom. It has a smiley face on it, because Eli will be happy when he comes, and he's my little brother..."

How appropriate then that today, after this amazingly fun little photo op, Eli laughed for the first time! It was just a little baby chuckle, but a laugh nonetheless! I can't wait to share those precious little giggles with you at some point!

Speaking of laughs...Ian was laughing a lot while I grabbed some quick pictures. Eli even snuck in a smile.



I think this might be my new favorite picture. Just classic. Ian's crazy huge smile...and little brother's apparent bemusement. Who knows what he is thinking, really.


Just this week, Ian has developed even more wonderful "Big Brother" skills. When Eli was crying in the van on the way home from the store, he asked Matt to turn on the music. Eli stopped crying, and Ian BEAMED. "See Mom, he is happy now. I did it. I asked you to turn on the music and he stopped crying. He likes the music, Mom."

I will admit to you I don't actually tear up often, but here I am about to cry like a baby. Because, over the past few days, every time Eli cries...Ian goes to him and sings to him. He sings his ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, and insane made-up tunes. What's even more precious is that often Eli doesn't even hesitate his crying, but cries louder. And Ian patiently continues singing to him as if it doesn't matter if it helps or not!


If the crying continues to much longer, I have to laugh...since Ian will inform me at long last, "It's not working, Mom. He just wants na-nas." He doesn't get frustrated or insulted or anything. It's just a matter of fact thing. Wow, do I need work on this one!

Big Brother. Little Brother.


I have to repeat myself and end this blog the same way I ended the other...Ian, you were right. Eli is happy...he has the best brother in the whole world. :)

2 comments:

The Mommy said...

I absolutely love this post! AND those boys!

Manda said...

Wow the rolls on Eli's arms are to die for ;) I just wanna give him a big hug and kiss!!