For example, this afternoon:
He dressed himself today.
Gray shirt. Blue shorts. Black socks. Brown dress loafers.
And, later in the afternoon, he amused himself by playing in the backyard while I hung up the diapers...
Fast, shiny metal airplane. Bright, fluffy miniature pink poodle as its pilot.
Of course, by the time I was ready to run for the camera, the flight had been grounded. He mentioned something about running out of gas.
Then, he pointed out the maintenance guy cutting the grass next door.
"Mom, why is he cutting the grass over there?"
(This question instantly made me feel awkward. Did we really spend that little time keeping the grass cut? Uh, probably. I think I could count the number of times we mowed the grass on my hands...haha).
"Well, people mow it, like Mr. Scott mowed our grass to keep it short."
He scrunched his face quizzically, "But why do they have to cut it? Why does it have to be short?"
"You know, that's a good question, Ian. I don't know who first thought of that idea."
Without a pause for thought, "I know who."
"Yes, Ian?"
"It was probably a girl that had that idea."
Hahahahahaha. He's turned my own joke on me.
This concludes this broadcast of WIAN. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment