Friday, November 19, 2010

Funny Friday

Some funnies from the kids this week!

*While I was talking on the phone, Zoe was running around my bedroom putting things in her mouth. I kept asking her to get them out. "Yuck! Put it down!" She ran for the next thing...exasperated, I asked her a question I knew (thought) would be rhetorical. "WHY?! Why do you keep putting things in your mouth!?"

She bounced up and down on my leg, chewing on a crayon and said, "I funny eat! I funny!"

*The car began leaking (gas, long story) when Matt started it up after a repair (and no, it was not his fault!). Ian asked, "What's going on, Mommy?"

I looked at the car that wouldn't start and replied, "Well, Ian, it looks like the car is giving Daddy a hard time."

Ian looked down at the growing puddle on the driveway and quipped, "Oh no! Is the car peeing?"

*Ian walked over to me during a particularly active point of little brother's day yesterday. I held Ian's hand on my tummy, and told him to wait and see if he felt anything. Oh, how his eyes and smile absolutely lit up at a particularly big kick!

"Mommy! My brother just kicked me! He kicked me! There's a baby in there!"

Of course, he knows it...but just like pregnancy takes on a new thrill when you feel the first movement yourself, I know that he's understanding in a new way again!

The funniest part was he then told me, "Mom, I'll be riiiight back. I have to go get something."

SO smart! He listened so intently and was so still, I was just amazed! Brother was kicking him back the whole time, and Ian was loving it! Watch his face change as he's listening...

Not that it needs a caption, but he said, "Oh, I heard him Mom. I did hear him. Now be still, lemme listen." :)

No comments: