Saturday, November 6, 2010

Surprises

Did you know that your computer is full of surprises!? I did actually know this, but experiencing it again tonight has been so much fun!

I discovered the integrated editing software on Picasa. It's actually pretty amazing all the things you can do to a photo with no charge! In fact, a lot of the features are pretty comparable to what I do with Photoshop Elements, in a simpler format! If you don't have a Picasa Web Album yet, make one! Yes, I am advertising shamelessly. For personal use, the whole system just can't be beat!

Back to this free editing thing. There is a little button you can click once you upload to an album that says, "Edit." Oh wait! Before I try to explain where this button is, I can show you! Because...I had MORE fun discovering "surprise" keyboard shortcuts for the Mac. Press Shift-Command-4, and you can select what part of your screen you'd like to capture (it saves automatically to your desktop). Perfect for instructional purposes:

I added the little arrow and highlight arrow with Picnik. Cool!? Wow, I really like little surprises a lot I guess.

Surprises...right! That's why I was blogging. I was blogging to write about the surprises Matt brought home for the kids. :)

He went on a "field trip" of sorts to Savannah, and they stopped at a candy store. Two little tin lunch boxes full of treats found their way home...


Zoe was transfixed by Tinkerbell!

Ian was thrilled he got Buzz Lightyear.

Zoe held it up and heard the noise of something inside...

But Ian didn't need any assistance getting to the sugary goodness!


This one says it all.

I just LOVE surprises! :)




2 comments:

Unknown said...

how fun! my dad used to travel a lot, i loved it when he brought home surprises for us =)

Julie said...

It's a great memory, isn't it?! :D

His first thought was to save the presents for later, but I'm glad he didn't! Ian definitely understood that when Daddy was out, he thought to bring him a surprise...so cool! :)