Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2 Week Check Up!

Monday, Eli had his first appointment with the pediatrician. It was basically his 2 week check-up!

I was a little nervous about heading to the doctor the first thing in the morning (and the first day Matt was back, no less!). But, with a little prayer, we actually made it...uh, ok, 5 minutes late!

He weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. which means he's been gaining an ounce a day over the weekend...and would you believe he has already grown 1/2 an inch! (He's now 20.5 inches).


I love the fact the doctor noticed he's got a little double chin already. Healthy, chunky, squeezable little cheeks!!!


The kids were AMAZING! Ian wanted to bring his doctor kit with him, which was too cute! He kept repeating, "It's Eli's turn at the doctor, right Mom? I'm not getting a shot, right? They are just looking at Eli, and they are not giving him a shot either. Is that what's happen?" I think this was more of a mantra to reassure himself, haha!

We waited a while in the exam room. They were so well behaved, I'm still not sure I believe it! I took these pictures later when we got home, but they do show pretty much the same thing that was going on in the room. Ian and Zoe were taking turns with the doctor's kit items to give Eli his check-up. Even cuter, was when the doctor came in, Ian continued to "help" her check him out at the same time!

Here Eli is getting a band-aid after his shot.


Zoe listened to his heart...err-stomach.



She needed a consult, since the heart sounded a little gurgly. ;)


I'm so thankful our first outing...the FOUR of us (gosh, that's so weird to say!)...went so well!

Two weeks later, our hearts are still growing with love for little Eli. We are so immeasurably blessed! :)



Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever. Who can proclaim the mighty acts of the LORD or fully declare His praise? - Psalm 106:1-2

No comments: