Ian requested to watch a movie this afternoon during nap time. He wanted his DVD case to choose from instead of Netflix that we have been using lately.
Me: "Spectacles?"
Ian: "Yes, like a movie spectacle. They are very, very, dangerous."
Me: "'Spectacles' is another word for glasses. I'm confused."
Ian: "No, like a play or a movie. A spectacle!"
Me: "Of course!" (Why do I ever doubt his vocabulary, really?). "But I am still confused, how are they dangerous?"
Ian: "I don't know, they just are, so you better not touch them. I'm putting them away now, Mom, ok."
Me: "Absolutely. Thank you for warning me, I would hate to get hurt."
Ian: "I love you, Mom. Thank you for listening to me."
I admit it, he's smarter than me. Really. :)







2 comments:
Too cute. Last night we didn't have much time between the consignment sale and church so I suggested we grab a quick burger at McDonald's.
H: "But Mommy, McDonald's isn't good for you. It doesn't help you grow, remember?"
M: "Yup. I remember."
I love that he stops begging to eat there (to get toys) every time he sees one. I love that when my dad asked him last week what the golden arches were (they were on a matchbox racecar at my parent's house) he had to really THINK about it, and just said "a restaurant." "What do they sell?"
"Sammiches."
"Good sandwiches?"
"No! They aren't good for you!"
He didn't say "happy donalds!" Which is what I called it at his age (loved those burgers!)...but I hate that when we go there in a pinch, he's always there to remind me how horrible I have told him it is. lol.
By the way - you need to add a picture to your blog!!!
That is THE cutest thing EVER! I would love to hear my kids say that!
You are right, I DO need to add Eli to the blog picture! I'm actually going to do a complete overhaul once we get settled. I have several blog headers to do at once! (Maybe I will get them sooner if things get caught up!).
Post a Comment