Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eli, Watch Me!

Putting Eli on the floor is like a signal for the vultures--er, children, to circle! They LOVE to watch him wiggling around on the floor!

Today, I put Eli on his tummy for play. Ian came flying into the bedroom. "Ooh! Eli is on the floor? Is he going to play?!" He was such a blur, it was hard to grab a photo! Here he is literally cracking up at Eli's little grunting noises and he tried to push up. "Hey, Buddy!"


Then, Ian got down on his belly to imitate brother. "Watch me, Mom! I can push up! Eli wanted me to do it too!"


I don't know if Eli smiled or what, but suddenly, Ian felt very encouraged to take on an entertaining role! "Hey, Buddy! Mom, he likes me! Eli, watch me!" Ian was performing a trick before I could even blink! (But not before I could press the shutter. I'm a little faster with taking pictures than blinking, ha!).


Of course, it was a minor heart attack moment. Ian is not world famous for his coordination, and I hurriedly set the camera down to keep him from crashing on Eli. Miraculously, not only did he not crash, but he was actually standing on his head with his feet straight up for a few seconds! He did this several times...in a circle all around Eli.

I can't wait to watch Eli imitating big brother as he grows! :)

No comments: